Over our 160 years of service to the Charities and Not-For-Profits (NFP) sector, we have built up a wealth of experience and expertise in advising the sector. A number of our lawyers sit on Boards and Committees of Charities and NFPs. This sets us apart. We bring this experience to bear for the benefit of clients. It helps us bring a practical approach to applying our considerable legal expertise to providing focussed advice to clients in the Charities and NFPs sector.
Based on this experience, we have a deep understanding of the sector and enjoy long standing relationships with clients in it.
These are some of the legal services we provide in this area:
- taxes and duties (including exemptions and concessions);
- establishment of charitable trusts;
- public and private ancillary funds;
- advice on constitutions;
- deductible gift recipient requirements;
- GST advice;
- fundraising requirements;
- FBT rebates and exemptions;
- income and CGT exemptions;
- rate exemptions;
- property matters;
- aged care facilities;
- disputed estates;
- workplace and employment matters.
We have a number of partners, lawyers, paralegals and support staff that have a deep understanding of the needs of clients in the Charities and Not-For-Profits sector.
We look forward to sharing expertise and comments with you on our blog.